path deform's rigidity not very clear

dyei nightmare

path deform's rigidity not very clear,  this feature is not clear,  where should be the atribute per point to make a variable stiffness?  in the curve?  on the model?   the tool tip says:

"foreach point inte model,  this attribute sets what point on the curve the model point should map to."    

to me, makes more sense to have this attrib on the model, but this doesnt work,  neither on the curve, so where it should be?  :huh:

:huh::huh:

thanks just found that this feature isnt helping with i want,  i though it was a feature that helps you to not deform in an unaceptable way with lines with high curvature, what i need is a way to give to the model a stiffness so it doesnt bend a lot,  but this feature what is doing is just reposition  points  acording a float value what ever it comes from, it is a remapper of the position,  what need is some feature that prevends extreme folding or extreme bending in a very curved line,  lets say like a strech stiffness 

20 minutes ago, dyei nightmare said:

thanks just found that this feature isnt helping with i want,  i though it was a feature that helps you to not deform in an unaceptable way with lines with high curvature, what i need is a way to give to the model a stiffness so it doesnt bend a lot,  but this feature what is doing is just reposition  points  acording a float value what ever it comes from, it is a remapper of the position,  what need is some feature that prevends extreme folding or extreme bending in a very curved line,  lets say like a strech stiffness 

you want alot, need alot but simply won't upload your file.

stuff it, I'm not gonna upload my file either...here's a clue...work it out.

limit.jpg

@Noobini  whoaa!  no,  no, dude,  maybe im not explaining well my self,   what mean, is that i had this misconception, of what i needed,   i didnt uploaded any file because this issue has a good explanation,  you see,  what i want to do is to make a dinamic offset on v,  where the major curvature is smoothed, but this isnt a path, but just trajectories of v,   so im thinking in another solution based on calculate curvature of v and smoothing its trajectory so it doesnt bend a lot,   ^_^

Edited by dyei nightmare

If you want to smooth a trajectory, temporally filtering P in CHOPs might be another possible approach. Either on packed geo ("rigid" pieces) or points (deforms the mesh).
If you want to filter the animation of packed prims (conserves volume) I think you'd have to filter the "packedfulltransform" prim intrinsic matrix in order to account for rotation and scale.

chopsfilter.hiplc

Alternatively you could generate curves from your obj trajectories, resample as subdiv curve and then animate corresponding objects on that smoothed path. That way you could smooth based on local features too (curvature) instead of just averaging values over time.

Edited by nuki