KineFx loop animation

davidyannick

You might want to try something like this but use a Timeshift node instead of Retime. Shift time so the second input to the skeletonblend will be the final pose that you want to loop upon. You can even drop down a RigPose node to tweak the final pose for best blending. Animate the skeleton blend bias at the right time to take on the final pose.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Atom

16 hours ago, Atom said:

You might want to try something like this but use a Timeshift node instead of Retime. Shift time so the second input to the skeletonblend will be the final pose that you want to loop upon. You can even drop down a RigPose node to tweak the final pose for best blending. Animate the skeleton blend bias at the right time to take on the final pose.

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks for your heko, gonna try :)

Is there a way to loop animation of a run cycle so when it loops, the transform doesn't reset? I have animation from mixamo, I want my guy to run foward for like 200 frames, but the clip only lasts 34. when I loop it the guy just runs foward then resets to the origin. I guess I want a loop + offset, so it just continues looping from the last position.

well, I figured out a way to do it. I just used extract locomotion, then selected my hip bone and chose convert to in place and shift to origin. That way my character was stationary (running in place). It exports a new bone containing the extracted transforms called __locomotion__.  If I go to the last frame of animation (35 for me ). I can track its z position. On frame 1 z position is 0, on frame 35 the position is 6 (meaning it moves 6 units every 35 frames).  So I divide 6/35 which = 0.17. that means the character should run at a pace of 0.17 units per second. So I just add a transform sop and in the z translate I added $FF*0.17. That will transform it 0.17 units every frame causing it move at the appropriate rate. I hope that will help anyone. Anyway, its 4 am and I should go to bed, lol

Edited by ejr32123

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry for a late reply, didn't see your message. 

You can use locomotion directly in Motion Cycle node without any additional math involved. You have to turn on Blend Start to End toggle on Cycle tab and Use Existing Locomotion on Locomotion tab. Blend Locomotion should be on as well.

Edit: extractlocomotion node should be inserted before motionclip of course. Something like this image.thumb.png.d521eeb625e1ad4ef3406b30d026afea.png

Edited by Mykolas

• 11 months later...