fell00

Recurring Problem, X,Y,Z on Transform becomes only 1 field, can't restore parameter interface!

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to this user interface things that happens to me sometimes.

When I'm dragging on a vector field in the transform sop,  I lose access to the other 2 parameters.

In this case it's really bad, it seems that All by transforms are now this way !

For example, in this screen shot, I was dragging the value ladder..

I lost X and Z and only have Y.

I have tried clicking on the gear and "Reset Parameter Interface" but it doesn't do anything.

6037d5ba876d7_2021-02-2511_49_44-Window.png.97852a460c080278dc5060aae67202a0.png

I think hitting Enter in the Value field works if I tested it correctly just now :)

I restored a previous version of my file.

I see what you mean. I hope it's that simple :)

When it happens to me again I'll try to just hit enter and post an update.

Thanks for the help

Hi,

It happened to me again.

Pressing Enter on the Value field does nothing.

I think it's a bug because, if I click on P over the network to display the parameter pop up window it looks ok, can see all 3.

If I copy the nodes to another hip file, they look ok.

It only happens sometimes in a dedicated parameters window. Sometimes. 

This is a problem I've had for many years, and even at major studios people never know how to get out of it, everyone hates it when it happens. I think it's a "feature" but criminally undocumented (if it is I can't find any trace of docs). there's a way to get out of that mode but I find it randomly... after a few methodical tries I lose my patience and start clicking keys/buttons almost randomly and lo and behold I'm back to normal - I wish someone would post the right keys to press...