pscale by height

Hello

how can i rescale "pscale" by "P.y" when i transform the whole thing in the end?

copy stamp?

As i understand "pscale" must be set before "copy to points".

i know i could move up the transform node, but for the sake of learning something new, i don't :-)

thank you

pscalepy.jpg

pscalepy.hipnc

Edited by dubCUT

thank you very much for your inputs!

@Librarian

guess i need to have a look at qlib. thanks for the setup, i need some time to fully understand this, but it looks like sorting id by size. nice!

@bunker & @jfaulkner

i don't understand where to put that bbox wrangle... as i rotate the grid at the end of the node chain and pscale must be written before copy to points.

Edited by dubCUT

@dubCUT Here is a quick example using similar approaches to bunker's and (kinda) jfaulkner's methods above except that I went for a slightly less procedural approach in favor of more "direct" control by making all the values in sliders for easy control.

And for easy readability for future readers, here is the code I used if you don't want to download a hipfile:

f@pscale = fit(v@P.y, chf('Min_Height'), chf('Max_Height'), chf('Min_scale'), chf('Max_Scale'));

Control_Scale_by_Height.hiplc

Edited by underscoreus