How to turn on/off Redshift lights during rendering?

There is a 'Switcher' node at object level that is normally intended to switch between cameras but it may help you organise the keyframing in one location.

Also the display frame range can be expressed as so: $F<=10 for the first light and $F>=11 for the second light.

If anyone knows how to express portions of time/frames (ex: activate between frames 30 to 40) I would be interested too.. 

Edited by Vinz

Thanks Atom, this will help also as I am looking at creating a strobe light effect.. that is to say, a light comes on every other frames/time. I need to find out what expression could translate that..

Here is a basic chops driven sample hold.

chop_light.gif.f032c70cd0cfce2b78c30ae16ff9b58b.gif

For redshift light instances, you can control the brightness by supplying an additional attribute along with the s@instance.

//s@instance = "/ob/rslight_spot_SOURCE";
v@light_color = set (rand(@ptnum),rand(@ptnum+801),rand(@ptnum-311));

ap_chop_hold_lag_drives_light.hiplc

ap_rs_colored_instance_light_circle.hiplc

This is all really cool.. your strobe effect is nice and quite organic.. I tried to get something more mechanical and fast (1off/1on) but it still feels like it cycling trough.. I tried to use 'pulse' chop

Also I could throw a 'rand' directly in the light color channel which I didn't know about

Thank you for the light point instancing trick.. will surely come very handy

Also I  tried to hack  the parameter interface of the light.. these are locked right?

Thanks again

ap_chop_hold_lag_drives_light_1.hipnc