L Systems Dvd

Ratman

Wow, Ratman! You're so fast.

10 minutes before i even post the official announce. Nice to be introduced by someone else :)

To watch during the holidays ( and a present to put under your (-L?)Christmas tree:

HOUDINI L-Systems Essentials DVD 1

Learn how to construct organic models with l-systems

http://www.cmivfx.com/product_houdini_lsystems1.asp

(In High Definition)

cmiVFX is proud to announce the first DVD ever released about l-systems, an immense and yet not well-known field of computer graphics.

Aiming to partner with our customers, and upon general request, we decided to fill the immense void of learning material in this vastly underestimated topic. No less than 4 DVD's will be released to introduce you to the immense variety of effects you can achieve with l-systems. From the large topic of plant and tree modeling to tentacle animation, wire DOPs, lightning effects, complex crack generation, snowflakes, corals, L-system based surfaces, city pattern creation, blood flow through bronchus, making L-systems more scriptable and much more.

The first DVD introduces you to the main concepts of L-system grammar, the different types of rewriting, the use of parameters and expressions, the use of conditional statements, probabilities not presented as a list of commands but smoothly introduced through complete examples. Since finding the correct formula for a plant may require pen and paper, the tutorials are interspersed with blackboard animated schematics, as if you were in a real classroom.

Once you're familiar with the l-system syntax you will learn how to create realistic trees with full interactive control over their morphological parameters, then plants ( both static and animated with fully detailed growth sequences, using parameters for growth triggering, you will learn how to create elaborate leaves with polygonal l-systems and how to use l-systems to create the control structure of a trimmed NURBs surface like a banana-tree leaf (using the accuracy and the power of l-system commands to provide complex deformations)

We will teach you how to create a gorgeous rose flower with multiple petals, animated with l-systems as control structures, at different steps of their development using special expressions to have onion-skinning-like display for keyframing.

For more information about cmiVFX and the best High-End, High-Def training, please visit our the website at http://www.cmivfx.com

Link:

http://www.cmivfx.com/product_houdini_lsystems1.asp

-d

Hi

Thats good news!!!

I have cities dvd and I learned so much from it

I will buy this one for sure

David is amazing ,he uses houdini nodes in totaly fresh inovative way and gets amazing results fast and with great flexibility

he is moving from cops to vops and back to sop efortlessly

regards

z

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, Rolma, doing some "gardening" is always nicer than modeling some destroyed mech or zombie in a gloomy cyberpunk world!

as a matter of fact i often listen to NatureSong radio while i'm preparing the tuts ( not during recording of course :) .

And, most importantly, the second DVD is coming in April.

-d