Mulitple Pop source emitters

papsphilip

i have around 100 points that are emitting particles.

each source point in SOPs has an attribute i would like to use in DOPs to activate or deactivate the birth of particles. i cant use it directly in impulse activation unfortunately

How can i do this?

Capture.JPG

There are a few ways to do this that I can think of right off the top of my head.
1. Right after your pop source add a "popkill" node (or a "popwrangle" node) and add a vexpression that detects a particle that has inherited the attribute value from its parent point that you don't want to emit from.

2. In SOPS before the sim, "convert" the attribute into a group, so for example "f@test > 0.5;" in a "groupexpression" node and then set that group as the "Source group" in the "popsource" node.

Perhaps try wiring in a POP Replicate node for secondary emission - it has an "emit by Attribute" field you can hook up to the attribute your original source is using to determine emission

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 10:53 AM, underscoreus said:

There are a few ways to do this that I can think of right off the top of my head.
1. Right after your pop source add a "popkill" node (or a "popwrangle" node) and add a vexpression that detects a particle that has inherited the attribute value from its parent point that you don't want to emit from.

2. In SOPS before the sim, "convert" the attribute into a group, so for example "f@test > 0.5;" in a "groupexpression" node and then set that group as the "Source group" in the "popsource" node.

thank you

i tried the first option you mentioned and it worked for me!

• Like 1