Noise based growth not happening

image.thumb.png.51606c547e64807a8a3c389d1f188ae2.png

17 hours ago, Librarian said:

@archz2 just play with file...try  (Vdb Activate and other methods expand reference and other noises)...
Curios what you have Watched to make this ?????

Play.hiplc

I'm not getting much growth except for this. 

I'm watching video 11 Adding Forces To Our Solver from Entagma's Volumes 101 course. I played with noise setting but not something significant I'd get. One more thing. Reducing the voxel size is not improving the quality of the mesh. What is that so?

Play (1).hiplc

Thanks a lot. I studied the script that you sent me and could only figure out changes in only two places. 

1. The bounding box sizes. 

image.png.fcbe388e9274fbffefdde8fde2a080c8.png

2. The graphs. 

image.thumb.png.f443a6b1af366bdc25e91456855c5350.png

What other changes have you made? I applied the above changes that you did but all I could get was a blank volume in the simulation. 

Moreover, how to grow the volume uniformly in all directions?

image.png.4b4e15fe1fa540b80fa097a4c6c19e06.png  image.png.1b59dad39697801f38b53294746a1832.png

8 hours ago, Librarian said:

which you want to sell BY NTF then

Sell by NTF? I don't understand.  What is NTF? 

I don't have the project files. Otherwise I'd have figured out the method till now. :(

I followed these three videos. The final one is in the one which they've done the majority of growth settings. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18N74Bm9JDYMHubSgYWgQVxFJOAs9mbPq/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19E1piUUh4oPyqtiUVuksyQN6v10KW87h/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jz6jHadaIdweX7NH8E0u8xEj3VP-cejf/view?usp=sharing

Edited by archz2

Thanks for the links. Really interesting geometry. I can't seem to figure out the one I shared in the original post.   How can I grow the volume uniformly in all directions on the icosahedron?

image.png.4b4e15fe1fa540b80fa097a4c6c19e06.png   sample1.png.e3f05b2da8933daa96e66f4442913fab.png

When you see something traveling in a single direction, instead of uniformly in all directions, you can be sure that somewhere a value who shoud be a vector is a float.

In your file, in the first volume vop (after the vdb activate), the bind export vel is set to float, Should be vector.
And the pos input of the curlnoise is connected to density. Should be P.

And you probably know it, but in the volume vop in the solver the bind export is connected to the normalize instead of the multiply.

volume growth question f.hip

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 6:39 AM, flcc said:

When you see something traveling in a single direction, instead of uniformly in all directions, you can be sure that somewhere a value who shoud be a vector is a float.

In your file, in the first volume vop (after the vdb activate), the bind export vel is set to float, Should be vector.
And the pos input of the curlnoise is connected to density. Should be P.

And you probably know it, but in the volume vop in the solver the bind export is connected to the normalize instead of the multiply.

volume growth question f.hip

Thanks a lot for pointing out my mistakes. Before looking at your reply, I developed the script from scratch twice and it eventually worked in the second attempt . I also accidentally forgot to name the bind as 'vel' of volume vop in accordance with the vdb1. Your script is interesting too. It has a different style of growth. 

image.thumb.png.42e852372b6b0fafce236271fbdd694d.pngimage.thumb.png.7a3bba5de4e5f0cfeb6814fd7ec38f50.png

One thing I can't understand is the bind type is still float (which should be vector) in my enclosed file, yet the growth is functioning. Why does the volume still grow fine? I watched the video too. They also have kept it as float. 

ADDING FORCES_SECOND ATTEMPT - Copy.hip

Edited by archz2