Vellum- collapsing tree-

logix1390

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a simple tree using vellum. It is a simple default L-system tree in Houdini. The problem is that it collapses to the ground no matter what I do. I tried increasing the bend and stretch stiffness on the vellum constraints to a really high number but nothing seems to make it stand on its own.

I am going a little crazy . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

tree_vellum.hip

@Noobini That's the video I'm following. I'm putting in the exact same values but mine collapses like someone poured acid on my tree. I opened up the sidefx file and copied over the vellum constraint that he uses, and it works fine. Makes no sense because I'm using the exact same values. My Houdini version is 18.5.408. I'm wondering if the vellum constraints node has changed since that masterclass came out. I will attach my new file comparing the sidefx constraints and mine. Thanks 

tree_vellum2.hip

8 hours ago, logix1390 said:

@Noobini That's the video I'm following. I'm putting in the exact same values but mine collapses like someone poured acid on my tree. I opened up the sidefx file and copied over the vellum constraint that he uses, and it works fine. Makes no sense because I'm using the exact same values. My Houdini version is 18.5.408. I'm wondering if the vellum constraints node has changed since that masterclass came out. I will attach my new file comparing the sidefx constraints and mine. Thanks 

tree_vellum2.hip

Everytime someone said I did EXACTLY the same as the video but it doesn't work....I always say to myself....NO, I don't believe you.

that's not being rude....that's from experience...think about it...if it was EXACTLY the same it would have worked.

So, in vellumhair...look very carefully at your Bend stiffness...you have 10e-10 when it should really have been 10e+10

HUGE difference.