Ways to deal with RBD "popping"(?)

5DNick

Dear Forumers,

What are ways to deal with (i think it's called) popping in rbd sims(?)

What i mean is when all the fractured bits or objects are moving smoothly as they probably should but then one or two of them just randomly move alot faster like they have been impacted, but when they haven't?

Currently going through loads of learning iterations and just increased constraint iterations to 20 (to see if this works?) i have no constraints but it says it does collisions too (NB: nothing is colliding fast with a piece to create the popping but it is colliding with the other fractured pieces next to it probably)

Thanks

Nick

1 minute ago, tamagochy said:

If you have a lot of small pieces often helps to scale up 10 times before dop. Bullet has a problem with small objects. Do not forget to scale up all forces and physical parametrs.

Ah thanks for advice. What scale smallness are you referring to roughly?

1 hour ago, tamagochy said:

If you have a lot of small pieces often helps to scale up 10 times before dop. Bullet has a problem with small objects. Do not forget to scale up all forces and physical parametrs.

@tamagochy, great advice. How would you go about scaling it, Transform node before the DOPS ?

@Amaviztime Also in RBDbulletSolver if you go to Advanced tab and check Bullet World Scale to a 1000 it should help combat that issue I heard. 

Edited by Nikodim_Fomich