How to generate "contour" lines

catchyid

Hi,

(plz see attached image).

I am not sure if these are contour lines or if they can be described procedurally? My goal is to use them to create velocity fields around that character. Note: I don't really care if they rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise, as long as the circles are around the arms cross section, legs cross section...One idea I got now is to use the underlying mesh edges (select whatever I wand and delete the rest!?), are there better ideas that can be applied on any mesh?

Tx

countour_lines.png

One way its BB and with this method you can make any Patterns on anything :wub:. Play with the file with Vop-s noises endless possibility..Just One Tip install Q_Lib and check the attribute-builder..Like having Photoshop for 3d patterns that give opportunity for easy modeling and now with new curve tool in Houdini 19 oj oj Sky its the limit .Have Fun @catchyid

OnlyODforce.hiplc

vn.jpg

12 hours ago, catchyid said:

Hi,

(plz see attached image).

I am not sure if these are contour lines or if they can be described procedurally? My goal is to use them to create velocity fields around that character. Note: I don't really care if they rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise, as long as the circles are around the arms cross section, legs cross section...One idea I got now is to use the underlying mesh edges (select whatever I wand and delete the rest!?), are there better ideas that can be applied on any mesh?

Tx

countour_lines.png

There are different ways, you could for example extract the center skeleton and copy some circle along the curves... The curve will follow the orient of the arm and leg members and not stay horizontal....

Geodesic distance is also a good one as suggested by Aizatulin

Vincent Thomas   (VFX and Art since 1998)
Senior Env and Lighting  artist & Houdini generalist & Creative Concepts

http://fr.linkedin.com/in/vincentthomas