Smooth deformer for organic modeling

AntoineSfx

peak.png.6d48c21db33d2f4ef38b7dba6870a3aa.png

Do you know a way grab a group of points, set their destination, and smooth the rest of the geometry, so that the group of points initially moved is still on target at the end ?

In this minimal example, it is a Edit / Peak, and there is an option to do exactly that in Soft Settings, but I can't use Edit for that.

1 hour ago, vinyvince said:

Happy new year guys

Not sure what you are looking to do but i sometimes do use a wrangle with a point cloud or volume approach for this kind of need

Here is a use case

The bodies are not so different, so I guess the effect won't be that dramatic. But that's the idea. There is some work done in the file; the two curves already exist.

To leave no ambiguity, I'm describing the goal explicitly: at this point, I'm looking for a way to grab points from /body using the curve /source

Source and targets are in the correct location in space; target was derived  from swimmer.jpg, and it is the ground truth for the left profile of the character. I obviously do not have the ground truth for the entire swimmer.

Source and targets have the same points count.

swimmer2.png

swimmer.jpg

swimmer.hipnc

body.png

Edited by AntoineSfx

• 4 months later...