Rocket exhaust expansion effect (particles)

Daniel Voloshkevych

Hello folks,

Is there a way, to somehow force the particles to move like in the picture I drew?

not completely from the beginning of the simulation but after a certain frame?? :)

I would really like to re-create a rocket exhaust effect, when the rocket climbs higher into the atmosphere, then the flame goes outwards because of the thiner atmosphere.. 
(for example, the Photo below - my reference picture..)

I already have the expanding animation done.. I just need now to somehow force the particles to move behind my main simulation.. is this somehow possible to do?

I would really appreciate some help! :)

FB_IMG_1654906965239.jpg

FB_IMG_1654906959027.jpg

You could try attaching a line pointing down to the center of the emission area. Use the end of the line as a goal position for particles to seek. The length of the line determines the distance the particles travel before they are close enough to seek the goal. 

tapered_particles.gif

ap_tapered_particles.hiplc

Edited by Atom

Or is it possible to make a certain amount of lines or curves with the shape I want, and then just animate them?

So that in the beginning of the simulation these lines will be as one line... and after some time then will expand, so that it will create an illusion that its one simulation of the flame... hope you understand me :D 

4 hours ago, Daniel Voloshkevych said:

Or is it possible to make a certain amount of lines or curves with the shape I want, and then just animate them?

So that in the beginning of the simulation these lines will be as one line... and after some time then will expand, so that it will create an illusion that its one simulation of the flame... hope you understand me :D 

As an idea.

exhaust_v01.gif.d2780bf874174cf8f03da0ef37c87dd6.gif

exhaust_v01.hip

• Like 2