Fur And Houdini : Images

benco

I see that the current 3DWorld mag (#89) has a special on fur - I guess inspired by that conference (?). Our beloved mandrel takes front cover, and Framestore is mentioned... so I guess Andy is sharing some of his wisdom, perhaps.

Fur real

22 pages of techniques and tips for modelling, rendering and animating realistic animals, including:

Framestore-CFC has a page on the commercial which our beloved Mandril appeared: http://www.framestore-cfc.com/commercials/...wild/index.html

In the above page, there is a section about creating the fur. The setup is done in Houdini but rendered with Renderman.

Cheers!

steven

There is also a completely Houdini based project completed by Calin on pages 46/47. This shows the fur workflow in Houdini that is a protoinstall in H8 and will be a feature in H9.

yeah i remember that one. Framestore said that they would provide a samle file of what they did on the tv spot, so i was wondering if it was setup any different than that sample file.

thanks for you help though,

Lucky to have people like you showing us what houdini can do.

-andrew

There is also a completely Houdini based project completed by Calin on pages 46/47. This shows the fur workflow in Houdini that is a protoinstall in H8 and will be a feature in H9.

I've just seen this. It's a great looking advert for H9. Nice to see this sort of stuff (Houdini) appearing in a mainstream mag too (not that I'd know that it usually doesn't, as I don't buy any mags - but just guessing it doesn't). :)

Edited by Moose

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...