Building PC for VFX and motion graphics

archz2

Hi everyone

I am planning to build a new PC with following parts.

Processor - AMD Ryzen 9 7950X Desktop Processor 100-100000514WOF

Motherboard - MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi AMD ATX Gaming Mothearboard with 4 RAM Slots
GPU - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 WindForce 24GB GDDR6X Graphics Card GV-N4090WF3-24GD
RAM - 32x2 Ripjaws 3200MHz i.e. 64GB total
Storage - Western Digital SN850 500GB, PCIe Gen 4 SSD 7000MB/s R, 4100MB/s W WD
Power supply - EVGA GQ 1000W Gold PSU

I would like to know which CPU cooler would be best and budget friendly. 

I want to do VFX and motion graphics work in Houdini and Cinema4D on this PC. I intend to do FLIP, Pyro sims a lot. Please also share your comments on the other parts that I have listed. I want to do this long term investment for at least 5 years.

No idea about the 4090, but for sims you will need much more disk space. Especially flip sims can take a lot of disk space and if it is a bit more complex you save the simulation result, volumes, meshes, whitewater source, whitewater particles and finally whitewater volumes. Even for a few hundreds frames this will exceed your 500GB. You will need at least a few terabytes.

All the 4090s are basicly the same. The windforce have a vapor-chamber that will lead heat away from other components. And you dont want to overclock something that will be rendering 24/7. And you need alot of storage, that stuff runs out pretty fast, and 500gb is nothing. 500gb is barely enough for windows/software alone.