Road Destruction

MIguel P

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, but I didn't mean that.

I"ll try to explain:

I understand how the texture is placed correctly on the breaking pieces along the animation.

What I don't understand is how do you keep the color of the geometry, at frame 0, the same as it is in the original background image. Since you're using 2 cone lights, the luminance of the ground, at frame 0, might not be 1, and so the final color would not be the same as the projected texture....

If the spot light would come from directly above the surface, the luminance would be 1 and the color would match, but I assume you've got some other light setup there...

When I needed something like that, I created a shader in which the color was brighter (1) when the angle between the surface and the ground plane was 0, and darker as the angle was greater... So that at frame 0, the angle is 0, and the colors match.

But, this solution is very restricting...It is actually the same as putting a cone light on top of the scene...

Oh, sorry, I didn't understand you.

Yes, only 2 cone lights.

But he gamma correction in postproduction helps a lot.

This gamma correction is needed, because in the render, the texture is darker than the original image, so I have to correct the gamma to match the colors to the background image. Maybe it is not the best method, but makes sense perfecly :)

Hey Miguel,

Your amazing man. Its looks super real. In the photograph did the yellow in the road lines get suddenly brighter or is that where you integrated CG? If not and then I would say its so photo real good luck to anyone telling the difference. You nailed it man. Holy cow.

Cheers,

Nate Nesler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
hey miguel,

would you be able to give details on how you broke the road into pieces...

i'm currently using a method where the geometry is broken into voronoi patches, which looks very boring :(

thanks,

nile :D

Yeah, We will appreciate any datail of how you did it !

Congrats, it looks awesome.

saludos

Here is a example scene that I've just done showing the method I used.

The Divide SOP with bricker is just to add detail for DOP simulation.

But there is another way with more control. You can draw the chunks using the Curve SOP and snap options and then extrude the result.

You are free to make me any question :)

brokenground.hip

Edited by MIguel P

Hi miguel,

i downloaded your hip file and start to modify it. i wanna split and cut every object and not only a floor plane.

Iam ready to cut everything, but i got two little problems.

first. How can count the amount of primitives?and how can i tell the "copy loop" that counted number?

i tried it first with a group obj bye selecting pattern with $N

in the model sop you will find the objects.

and in the sop file you see you i setup it.

thanks alot for that.....

Hi miguel,

i downloaded your hip file and start to modify it. i wanna split and cut every object and not only a floor plane.

Iam ready to cut everything, but i got two little problems.

first. How can count the amount of primitives?and how can i tell the "copy loop" that counted number?

i tried it first with a group obj bye selecting pattern with $N

in the model sop you will find the objects.

and in the sop file you see you i setup it.

thanks alot for that.....

ups i made a lot of mistakes, with english language, i come from germany, sorry.

cutsim2.hip

mmm i will try it. thanks. i think and i hope it will work, i wanna blend between two models......in the dops simulation......i dont know i can explain it, i think i can blend between two models to create the FX of scattering glass or something like this....

please try to imput the sphere in the model sop, by hight division's it looks cool......