Flip Fluid, filling cup issue

Masoud

Hi guys,

When I fill a cup with flip-fluid, I suppose the particles have to fill any gaps between the interior surface of the cup and the fluid, but as you can see in the image below, the outer surface of the fluid has some wrinkles on it. In this simulation, no viscosity or surface tension is added.

I think I can remove them by adding a "Ray SOP", but I wonder which parameter in Flip-Solver is responsible for this artifact?

Thanks for helping.

Fluid issue.gif

The fluid looks quite busy for a simple glass of wine. You could add a little viscosity to smooth things out, which may slow down some of the bounciness. Another approach is to turn up the Surface Oversampling on the reseeding. Try very high, like 12-24. This will smooth out a surface. The creases are also part of the interaction with the collider. You could decouple the collision resolution from the particle separation and lower the value to increase resolution. (that's probably the slowest solve for this problem).

Another approach is after you generate the surface mesh, apply a boolean from the glass shape to restore the smooth outer surface.

• Like 2