Best vel method for water stream ?

Brickouz

Hey, I'm starting this thread because I am working on a very large and calm river at the moment, so I have to invect a stable and constant velocity, without too much craziness.

- volume source "add" just keeps getting stronger and stronger, even with a very low value it will keep powering up during 400 frames and never gets to a stable speed.

- volume source "copy" is indeed more stable but more hectic, it gets crazy faster

- v attribute in the flip source does the opposite of "add" volume source. It starts of powerful but after a few hundreds frames it ends up slowing down.

Am I using those volumes the wrong way ? Additionally when I go for a calm river I always end up with a fluid surface that has intense and fast flickering, I am trying all settings when I do the meshing but I notice that it does get worse with using v attribute in the flip source.

On 3/19/2024 at 11:44 PM, Brickouz said:

Hey, I'm starting this thread because I am working on a very large and calm river at the moment, so I have to invect a stable and constant velocity, without too much craziness.

- volume source "add" just keeps getting stronger and stronger, even with a very low value it will keep powering up during 400 frames and never gets to a stable speed.

- volume source "copy" is indeed more stable but more hectic, it gets crazy faster

- v attribute in the flip source does the opposite of "add" volume source. It starts of powerful but after a few hundreds frames it ends up slowing down.

Am I using those volumes the wrong way ? Additionally when I go for a calm river I always end up with a fluid surface that has intense and fast flickering, I am trying all settings when I do the meshing but I notice that it does get worse with using v attribute in the flip source.

Volume source "pull" method for slowly intro new vel into current advect without large disturb

• 3 weeks later...