Sel-systems

cellchuk

Hi all,

I would like to share my entire L-Systems research that I made during my Masters in NCCA.

I uploaded all the animations and documentations that I produced during this personal research, to my web-site.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SeL-Systems Animations link; (just sounds funny when you call it like that :) )

L-Systems Animations

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Personal Research Page link ;

[includes some Basic L-sys Tutorials and definitions that I tried to pull together]

L-Systems Research Page [NCCA-Personal_Research]

Note The resources that I used during the research can be found in the references section [CmiVFX DVD01, books, links etc.....]

I designed this page in 1 or 2 nights as a nature of a school project so pls excuse my mistakes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any crits or comments would be gladly appriciated.

cheers,

selcuk

EDIT: "The Personal Research Page link" is now fixed.

Edited by cellchuk

Great stuff and good info! L-systems are enchanting..

Personally I'd be interested in seeing a hip (or description) of animated L-systems combined with DOPs..

But good stuff nevertheless :)

eetu.

I actually would like to put one of the anim's hip file.

however, first I need to find and clean the files. :S

It's been at least 6 months that I haven't touched those hips. :)

but I will do it as soon as possible.

cheers.

I was using the rules on your site to recreate your L-systems earlier today for the Organism and Cage, and I can't get enough of watching them, the motions are fantastic. Particularly if you take the Organism's generations higher so that the fins develop... well, fins.

Great job!

Edited by Darric

I was using the rules on your site to recreate your L-systems earlier today for the Organism and Cage, and I can't get enough of watching them, the motions are fantastic. Particularly if you take the Organism's generations higher so that the fins develop... well, fins.

Great job!

:)

hehe I know it goes crazy when you boost the gens up :S

however, the trick was using the statements to prevent the growth after some specific generations. (for the cage)

otherwise it grows and grows and grows and crashes :P (as far as I remember)

but yeah this L-SyS thing is pretty addictive. I caould easily say that ...:)

thanks...

They're pretty fascinating. I used them for developing procedural city road networks for my Honours thesis at university, and while it turned out to be a messy affair - the L-system strings also contained about 5 variable for each road segment in the string, which admittedly was a rather stupid way to do it - I was just constantly fascinated by watching them grow. There's just something so... magical about them.

There's just something so... magical about them.

I know :) it's really fascinating that you could create totally different animations and models by changing the parameters of the same code. :blink:

--mother nature's way of creating the patterns-- :P:P

• 2 weeks later...
I know :) it's really fascinating that you could create totally different animations and models by changing the parameters of the same code. :blink:

--mother nature's way of creating the patterns-- :P:P

L's are really interesting to work with. Like a game playing god. Great stuff.

• 5 months later...