Mark's toons

mark

Its been a long time coming but i finally got to re-work the trike toon object i did in the past and as you can see i've used the default Houdini toon character as the driver. (Since i can't model organic forms for anything, the inclusion of this in Houdini was much appreciated.)

I previously showed the trike but not the plane as it was never quite finished. Part of the reason for that was that both models were a real mess. So they needed quite a bit of work to be cleaned up... now they consist mostly of geometry objects rendered to disc - so they are now more efficient and lightweight and hopefully ready to rig and make into HDAs.

I want to rig them so they do a rough, lumpy idle like a big motorbike with lots of black smoke coming out (but first Jason I will throw cheese at them ok!). I want to make a short movie with them fighting each other with fruit missiles or something. but rigging and animation is definitely not my strong point so i have a bit to learn.

The beach scene was for fun and a tribue to the H9 toon character!

Rendering and compositing done in Houdini, textures mostly done in the gimp.

thanks for looking and thanks odforce! :)

Edited by mark

• 2 weeks later...

thank you :)

the shaders are nothing special - just a basic VOP network using VEX specular VOP.. low specular to get that matte effect. i rendered both a GI (PBR) and sun only pass and increased the colour saturation on each, before compositing them together.

the wren pass is what really brings out the effect. if i find out wren doesn't animate well then i guess i am in trouble.

• 2 years later...