Digital Asset Prob.

Hi , i'm trying to make my first asset i have 1 sop 1 dop network in scene which connected each other, is that possible to make it an asset? i tried to collapse sop node then make it digital asset, it gives me an connection error because of the individual dop network how can i handle this?

Edited by wreath

Hi , i'm trying to make my first asset i have 1 sop 1 dop network in scene which connected each other, is that possible to make it an asset? i tried to collapse sop node then make it digital asset, it gives me an connection error because of the individual dop network how can i handle this?

both networks should be 1 asset?

create a new subnet on /obj and place both nodes inside.

[resolve dependencies issues]

create the asset from this node.

hope this helps.

Georg

Thanks for the replies, making all nodes one subnet works but i need some deeper help to handle it;

firstly you can download the scene from here : www.yeatfx.com/dynawave.rar

I'm trying to make an asset of this shockwave, parameters can be test with blue dynamic shockwave null

I need an asset like; user can choose 1 surface object for shockwave to track and rbd objects to collide,i can't figure out how to handle :rolleyes:

thanks

btw if scene sim not works try to reopen scene i dunno why it's happening.

Yigit

Edited by wreath

I can't upload to the forum - stupid mozilla...

but check your hotmail account...

all I did was Shift+c on the shockwave and autoDop nodes

RMB create digital asset

then dragged the parameter folders from the "From Node" section to the parameter area...

should work ok...didn't test it though :)

I can't upload to the forum - stupid mozilla...

but check your hotmail account...

all I did was Shift+c on the shockwave and autoDop nodes

RMB create digital asset

then dragged the parameter folders from the "From Node" section to the parameter area...

should work ok...didn't test it though :)

Michael thanks yeah half of the system is working but still problems on dopnet, i need to make a menu to provide user select any rbd objects in scene to collide shockwave but i cant develop this half, there are specific parameters in the existing dopnet it must not change but should work with any rbd objects that user selected i really want to see this little system working it's my first :lol:

Hi , I have had a look at your network quickly. Its a bit confusing and the shock wave does not effect your boxes. My suggestion would be to use a NULL sop in the geometry nodes and use them to define where your SOPS leave and go into DOPS and then where they pull the DOP sim back into SOPS.

rob

I must admit I have found it difficult to get over that hill with otls as the docs are pretty sparse . I do not fully know everything about them but I know enough to build my own now and other people seem to be able to use them. All the information I have on them has come from , the book houdini on the spot , the above PDF and http://www.vizyacky.com/ .

He has an otl lesson for sale http://vizyquick.vizyacky.com/vizyquick_04...rchase_Main.php which is very good

rob

Edited by rob

I must admit I have found it difficult to get over that hill with otls as the docs are pretty sparse . I do not fully know everything about them but I know enough to build my own now and other people seem to be able to use them. All the information I have on them has come from , the book houdini on the spot , the above PDF and http://www.vizyacky.com/ .

He has an otl lesson for sale http://vizyquick.vizyacky.com/vizyquick_04...rchase_Main.php which is very good

rob

Hmm i found 2 books on amazon uk want to order one of them which one will be better? i'm not a Houdini power user :)

Houdini on the Spot: Power User Tips and Techniques

The Magic of Houdini

i know thread going off topic sorry for that