Ubuntu 8.04 anyone?

GallenWolf

Anyone care to comment on the usability of H9 and Ubuntu 8.04's beta? I'm getting a new hard drive to dual boot XP and Ubuntu, and would like to go straight to the release version 8.04 (2 days?) since it's got LTS? 7.10's been very nice to me so far.

Thanks!

Alvin

Cool.... I just got 8.04 on a CD.... hopefully able to get the dvd edition by today/tomorrow. I'll be upgrading my test 7.10 partition to 8.04 and give it a spin then :) Hopefully it'll work - 8.04 on live CD fixes my sound card issues - I'd love to use it with H :)

I installed Ubuntu 8.04 last week. No trouble with Houdini Apprentice HD whatsoever. Everything just works fine (AMD X2 5200, 7600GT).

I'll definitely leave my main linux partition untouched for now :) But will upgrade my test partition tomorrow. If I am awake X)

That's awesome Lutze! I'm glad your install works great. I'm having some install problems, grub stops with an Error 15.

In any case, I fiddled with it over the weekend, but I'm not gonna spend anymore time - 7.10 works great on my main partition. I'll leave the 8.04 upgrade to when I really need it, or when it's a cold rainy day :)

GW

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...