attribute transfer

MENOZ

Hello!

I'm trying to do a very simple thing in houdini.

I have particles that pass through a surface and trasfer their color to the surface.. like wet map.

I use an attributeTransfer to transfer the color, but as the particle moves away the attribute the color fades away too. how can I store the color to the surface?

I attach the HIP file.

thank you!

transfer_from_particles.hipnc

Hello!

I have particles that pass through a surface and trasfer their color to the surface.. like wet map.

I use an attributeTransfer to transfer the color, but as the particle moves away the attribute the color fades away too. how can I store the color to the surface?

I attach the HIP file.

thank you!

the sop solver in DOPs has an example file doing exactly this

Edited by SpencerL

Hello!

I attach the HIP file.

thank you!

Hi there,

I read your comment, and the first thing that came to my head, was that why don't you just have the particles stick to the contact object where you would like the transfered color so it will not disappear. So here I made a POPnet and just added a collision node to the POP net. You could try to just make this in the premade particel Object that you are using , but I am not familiar with it and prefered just to do it this way.

Here you have the modified file

I made a preview just for curiousity and here is the result.

I did not look to see if you hade made any shading.

but you can see that there is an issue there, which I guess this is now another case.

I will look into see what is is now. Just for the hell of it.

Take care and put it back up if you can see anything.

mangic

particle_wetmap.hipnc

particle_wet_map.mov

original.mov

hi!

You can do this if You bring your geometry to chops (the Cd attribute/animated), use the lag chop there, then get all back with Channel Sop.

The only bottleneck of doing this is that it can be slow and memory intensive with large meshes.