clean geometry

mic

hello! very simple question: i have a bad-topology-geometry with 'double faces' (normals in the opposite directions).. how can i delete the duplicated ones?

upd. one solution i found - sort SOP, sort by distance to zero-point( or any other), so each double face will follow by pair, and delete SOP every second in two..

but maybe there is more elegant decision?)

Edited by mic

hello! very simple question: i have a bad-topology-geometry with 'double faces' (normals in the opposite directions).. how can i delete the duplicated ones?

upd. one solution i found - sort SOP, sort by distance to zero-point( or any other), so each double face will follow by pair, and delete SOP every second in two..

hi FUZE it ?

maybe

mangi

facetSOP?

try orient polygons.

your points would have to be consolidated though..

worth a shot.

-k

Hi,

Just thinking aloud, if you have double faces, their pivots share same positions in space. So what you can do is to build a loop, iterate face one by one and remove all of the duplicates with same pivot coordinates. Post a screen grab, maybe there is even easier solution to your problem.

cheers,

kuba

thank for answers, fuse SOP, facet SOP doesn't help me, your idea, Kubabuk is, as i think, more complex than [sort SOP -> delete SOP], but as for me i'd like to see how to create such loop, can't you post an example for education?)

the binary geo attached

test.rar

Edited by mic

thank for answers, fuse SOP, facet SOP doesn't help me, your idea, Kubabuk is, as i think, more complex than [sort SOP -> delete SOP], but as for me i'd like to see how to create such loop, can't you post an example for education?)

the binary geo attached

cleaned up

mangic

testre.zip

Edited by mangi

cleaned up

mangic

thank you, Mangi, but, first of all your attached file isn't cleaned up( i suppose your are mistaken and zipped not that file), and also as i said i have the result cleaned up geo, i wanted to know any suggestions on 'how to'..)

Hi all,

Nice one Petz!

I noticed small issue though. When any of the face's XYZ position is equal 0 sorting doesn't work. Of course you can move the geometry a bit off the axis and bring it back afterwards but here's a quick fix in python if anyone's interested.

cheers

kuba

great job, Kuba, thank you very much, very useful for education!