mantra error "command exit code 11"

my renders stop on certain frames. Render manta rop output driver returns : Error command exit code 11. I can not find anywhere in manual What does this code 11 mean.

Please help.

Im using Houdini 9.5 170 build on Ubuntu 8.04 64bit

thanks

my renders stop on certain frames. Render manta rop output driver returns : Error command exit code 11. I can not find anywhere in manual What does this code 11 mean.

Please help.

Im using Houdini 9.5 170 build on Ubuntu 8.04 64bit

thanks

This sounds like a bona fide crash. There are some things you do to track down the problem, but the most effective thing you can do is to download a later build of 9.5 from the HoudiniDownloads page and just try to render again. 9.5.170 is pretty old and it's quite likely they've fixed whatever problem you're running into.

Good luck,

Jason

This sounds like a bona fide crash. There are some things you do to track down the problem, but the most effective thing you can do is to download a later build of 9.5 from the HoudiniDownloads page and just try to render again. 9.5.170 is pretty old and it's quite likely they've fixed whatever problem you're running into.

Good luck,

Jason

Thanks for you reply, Jason.

what is "bona fide crash"? I updated to 379 build but got this error again. I have no idea what exactly in my scene cosing this and what does this error mean.

Edited by tayga

• 1 year later...

Thanks for you reply, Jason.

what is "bona fide crash"? I updated to 379 build but got this error again. I have no idea what exactly in my scene cosing this and what does this error mean.

Time to revive this rather old thread.

I get the same error with the currently available 11.0.504 Apprentice build.

Everything's running smooth, until I try to do anything point cloud related. In my case, I was trying to re-implement Peter Quint's Wet Map approach, and also trying out the Wetmap OTL from the Houdini Exchange, which is based on the former.

My first guess were memory issues, but then again,

1) it's hard to believe that measly 1695 points (I already deleted all points that weren't considered wet) would eat up 6GB of RAM.

2) I rendered other scenes which were more memory intensive.

3) I kept an eye on the system monitor, which reached 1gig using IP, and was using merely 800MB when rendering to EXR.

On the other hand, reducing the tile size from default 16 to 8 helped Mantra to render more frames -- 20 instead of 2--4 resp. 11, when literally everthing was cached to disk: fluid sim, particle fluid surface BGEOs, and of course the pointclouds -- before Mantra crashed stating "Command Exit Code: 11"... whatever that means.

Cheers

- wiz -

P.S I can upload a scene file later, in case someone's interested in checking whether this "bug" is reproducable.

P.S I can upload a scene file later, in case someone's interested in checking whether this "bug" is reproducable.

Here it is. The point clouds have to be created, first.

Tried it, a few times. It crashes at various frames, here. Once already after frame 4, another time it renders fine to frame 20.

I have the same problem in ubuntu 10.10 x64, H11.0.540; But with prman's ptfilter running from a shell node, have the same code 11 error; If i run the command from a standard ubuntu shell it works, but no inside a shell node;In windows works like a charm.

Thanks

I have the same problem in ubuntu 10.10 x64, H11.0.540

Right, totally forgot... I'm on Ubuntu 10.04 x64, using Houdini 11.0.504.

But that's interesting!

Maybe it's got something to do with this particular Ubuntu build as it uses gcc4.4.

(EDIT1) Just downloaded another build where gcc4.1 was used and will install it now. Then we'll see...

(EDIT2) ... that loading the pointclouds doesn't work at all. At least, they're not visible when rendered. Maybe a build with a little more up to date gcc (4.3) ...

Edited by wiz4rd

(EDIT2) ... that loading the pointclouds doesn't work at all. At least, they're not visible when rendered. Maybe a build with a little more up to date gcc (4.3) ...

... it doesn't work either. When I re-built the point cloud part of the shader, the wetmap did show up, but again, the render stopped after a couple of frames.

Meanwhile I don't think that reverting back to an earlier gcc version -- even if I rebuild the shader -- would make any difference.

That's really strange.

FYI, daily (ie. all) builds are available to Apprentice users if you register for the free sidefx.com login. Once logged in, just go to Support > Download.

That's good to know. Thanks!

Totally missed that one. I always thought the only way to download the apprentice version is via the "Download Apprentice" page.

Well, you live and learn.

Cheers

- wiz -

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Now with 12.5.371 and 12.5.316.22 I have the same problem, I try to render 14 millions of whitewater particles and a 3.5 millions of points polysoup mesh with PBR, mantra gives me the same error, I run under Linux gcc 4.4, 48 gb ram. I try to increase the unified cache to 0.75 of my system memory, without look, both with KD-tree and bounding volume hierarchy. The only thing that seems to work is to increase the raytracing bias to 0.1, but the shadows become almost missed, Is there a better solution to this?

Thanks

Edited by Pazuzu

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 4 months later...