od[force] Houdini 11 Wishlist

• 3 weeks later...

Already submited this as an RFE, but here it is.

Better behaviour when working with Primitive Groups, when you select a bunch of them and say you press delete, have them actually be deleted by the primitive group, and not the point numbers, which Is a bad way to be deleting things when using primitive groups.

Already submited this as an RFE, but here it is.

Better behaviour when working with Primitive Groups, when you select a bunch of them and say you press delete, have them actually be deleted by the primitive group, and not the point numbers, which Is a bad way to be deleting things when using primitive groups.

I second that one, I think it have been discussed before but will be really useful.

Another two things to speed up work:

-A colored preview of the attributetransfersop, similar to what we have in the paintsop, or a simple radius guide in the viewport.

-An option in the attributecreatesop to visualize them. At the moment we have to do that manually in the display options and it becomes very tedious especially when you change names. Perhaps they could be added automatically so the visualization could be accessed from both display options and nodes or, like in ICE, simply by middle clicking the node connections.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Create a "Compute" node.

Basically I am suggesting that a scene, through a nodal distribution network, can be cooked/recooked faster if that scene has strategically placed nodes that tell all the nodes above it to cook using "This Remote Computing Core or Cores".

I would think that the parameters section would have a place to enter the DNS or IP address of the machine you want it to use for cooking that part of the scene. There would also need to be the ability to add additional DNS and IP lines in case the primary machine crashes or is down for some reason.It may just as well have a range ability like "129.188.234.+". It would also have to be able to be disabled so that you can send your .hip to someone else who does not have access to those DNS/IP adresses.

One should be built to speak to CPU type cores and one should be built for GPU type cores. Or just bulid one node with a selection menu for GPU or CPU. I have attached a picture if you guys feel so inclined.

Comp.bmp

Have a great day.

David

• 3 weeks later...

Abillity to pick and lay down several nodes at once from the tab-menu.

Sometimes I`m laying out 5 or more DOP-Gas nodes. It would be so much faster to just type gas once and then ctrl+click all nodes i need.

Other then that... Speed.