Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mestela

Learning VEX via Animated Gifs - Bees & Bombs

75 posts in this topic

Glad people find these interesting. More people should have a go! MORE!

This was less complex than i expected, the circle wave previously gave clues of how to achieve it; Wiggle the circle so its a sine wave bent into a circle, then apply the same in y but with cos, and it pushes it into a circular spiral. Add a ramp to control width and radius, other stuff.

All this will come in useful one day, I'm sure of it... :)

http://beesandbombs.tumblr.com/post/126047111439/two-worms

post-7292-0-06272800-1446551949.gif

two_worms_v01.hipnc

1 person likes this

Had to turn away from the tv for a bit tonight.

http://beesandbombs.tumblr.com/post/110755349929/dribbblepopular-dot-inversion-follow-me-on

post-7292-0-09459100-1447505236.gif

dot_inversion_v01.hipnc

First did it as cheaty camera trick, then felt like that defeated the point of this exercise, and did it again in a wrangle. Both versions are in the scene.

2 people like this

Hi guys,

where do you get the knowledge to do these stuff?

I mean, is it sufficient to take a VEX course or other things as well?

I can read VEX because I have some programming skills, but how do I get the ideas on how to move things?

I know is a strange question but this would really help...

Cheers,

Lazza79

That's the point of this thread really. :)

As you say, if you know any C-ish languages vex isn't hard to read or write, but I had to see a few examples in context to get a feel for it. Was lucky enough to get acccess to interesting production shots at work, but obviously they couldn't be shared. When I saw the tumblr blog that started this thread, and found they were all done in code via processing, seemed a good base to make small examples that'd hone my skillz, and be a good visual library for others.

If you find a gif that you find interesting, post it here, I (or others) will have a go. The blog tends to post lots of variations on a theme, maybe try taking one of the existing examples and modifying it into something else. Best way to learn is by doing!

2 people like this

Do you have a little time in the moment for going further or are you no more interested in giving such fantastic learning stuff for VEX?

Hopefully NOT!!!.

Really an awesome thread. Thanks a lot...

Edited by Follyx

holy^^...and that fast. Thought I got you ;) Looking forward to have a look on that in the evening.

WOW!!

No Word...Superb!!

Too Fast in Houdini....

I learned little bit code from your creation..

Thanks