Rendering Pyro

I'm clearly being an idiot here. Can someone explain to me why if I render a pyro sim from two different cameras it looks totally different - even the alpha is different? One is wide and far the other is close up. One directional light, mantra. 

Is this a scattering issue within the shader? I'm using the stock pyro material but I've removed the flame colour bits and thrown in a heat>fit>ramp into the emitcolor instead.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I recently ran into an issue with a camera parented to an object with scale set to something other than one. I used Python to drive the position of another camera without any scale applied to it and it worked perfectly. It seems the scale of the camera shouldn't affect things like this but it does.

hou.node('/obj/Frame6_v1_4Sim_test/CameraMorph_Baked/CameraMorph_BakedShape').worldTransform().extractTranslates()[0]
hou.node('/obj/Frame6_v1_4Sim_test/CameraMorph_Baked/CameraMorph_BakedShape').worldTransform().extractRotates()[0]

There's an example for extracting X transformation and rotation. Just use [1] and [2] for Y and Z instead of X. These can be pasted on the parameter for each axis and then change the parameter script type to Python.

Thanks chaps,

I'll take a look at this. I haven't had a chance to go any further with looking in to this problem but one difference is that one camera is alembic imported and the other is created natively. It's a non-issue at the moment as my shot cams will be alembic imported but I was curious.