Thank you. I have done multiple tree building tutorials, and it has made me understand not only Houdini better, but also on how a tree, like a central nervous system, is not a simple item once you look at growth, age, materials etc.

A tool such as yours, is a welcome addition to the powerful things that Houdini does.... depending on the work put in. So I ponied up the full amount $$ even though I am running the NC edition. You deserve it for the work put in.....

Now if only I can find a decent sea shell tutorial, based on the work that Deborah Fowler uses for her students. Again, I dont want to hijack anything, I want to learn how and I think this is a good revenue stream for everyone that is using Gumroad etc. Sorry to ramble. Thanks again for the tool.

• Thanks 1

like this?

I tried a few... failed. One switched from vex to nodes in the middle, expecting me to figure that out.
I'm like... can't I just buy the tool!?
So.. Aragatory?

• Like 1

Yep, that was what I had seen on vimeo in a few places. All of them were part of a visual effects coursework. So many people have been given the same task for more than a few years. While I have been able to get the basic form of the shell from the formulas that are available online, the finer detail of building a tool would be a good tutorial on selecting parts of the shell with specific adjustments. Anyhoo. TIA.

Glad you are liking the tool and I appreciate the purchase. The shell is an interesting idea, I’ll add it too my list. I’m thinking I’ll start doing tutorials for how I actually make tools, the not super complex ones anyway. 

• Like 1

if you do a seashell tutorial, would you do one on the basic clam shell ? I have a project I'd like to do with it.

4 hours ago, bobc4d said:

if you do a seashell tutorial, would you do one on the basic clam shell ? I have a project I'd like to do with it.

Hopefully it will work for a number of different shell types.

• Thanks 1