COP network to MAT/SHOP referencing not working?

Hi, can anybody confirm or invalidate my suspicion that op: expression in shaders context (mat or shop) cuurently doesn't work? I know syntax has been a bit inconsistent between different Houdini versions but right now in 16.5 it doesn't seem to work at all for me.

i tried:

op: /obj/copnet/OUT

op: "/obj/copnet/OUT"

"op: /obj/copnet/OUT"

op:`opfullpath('/obj/copnet/OUT')`

and many other mutations of the same thing.

anybody?

thanks, D.

file attached just for case

copReferencing.hiplc

Have you checked your output size from COPs? (I don't have Houdini in front of me so I can't review your file) There is a size limit for COPs output on an Indie license. If you exceed that output size then the transfer will fail. Try a smaller size COPs output like 1024x1024...?

Edited by Atom

47 minutes ago, malexander said:

op:/obj/copnet/OUT

that is what I tried initialy. then I was trying countless possible variations on that until I came to conclusion it probably doesn't work in 16.5.

is it working for you guys in hou 16/16.5? that is my general question, whether it is a bug or something wrong on my side.

• 2 months later...

This works in 16.5 if your COPnet is in /img/, or if the COPnet is inside the geo container of the object that is being rendered. So possibly this is a problem of the COPnet texture not being included in the IFD write when it's in the /obj/ root?

Just tested in 16.0.736... it doesn't seem to work correctly here either if the COPnet is in /obj/ root. Also make sure that your path doesn't end in a slash after "OUT".

Edited by toadstorm