Alright lurkers...

Marc

In the past few weeks there have been quite a number of new registrations. And yet its been alarmingly quiet over here.

So I'd like to invite you to introduce yourselves and let us know what y'all think of the place.

Cheers

Marc

hey

I registered recently to learn as much as possible about Houdini, but don't know enough yet to post any "useful" questions.

Trying to find my way around in subD modelling and haven't touched NURBS yet...not sure if I'll do. Next thing is looking into texturing and shaders, then animation probably. That's the point where questions will come up I suppose...but for sure when I start looking more into particles...so be aware! ;)

Besides that I am trying to do my job and keep my girlfriend happy so my 3D time is limited. :rolleyes:

and by the way...can someone look into the board configuration please? if I try to change the timezone settings I get the following error message: "We are treating that action as a possible hack attempt, this action will be logged and the board administrator will be informed via email"

and no...I am not a hacker :ph34r:

cheers

Guest menuman

I'll show if you tell me how to increase houdini's list of recent files in the file menu.

...same goes for the tabbed menu. i want the 9 most recent, dammit. :unsure:

OK, I'll un-lurk myself, though I've been registered for a while.

I was ( or still am if someone would offer me a job) a programmer/sys admin bod who got caught in the tech wreck / IT turndown in Sydney, currently doing the career change thing (or trying). Obviously I'm learning Houdini, but started out doing a commercial 3D animation course that taught 3DS Max. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have wasted my money. Though, I must say, the first module was traditional animation ( you know, with pencils and paper ) which was a real fright seeing as I thought I couldn't draw, but it was great and invaluable; I learnt heaps, and even managed to produce some decent animation!

I'm keen for my 3D skills to get to the animation stage, as I think that's where I want to be, though I do have a technical bent, and love the proceduralism of Houdini.

Anyway, I'm doing the Buzz Houdini101 course, which is great. I decided to start with NURBS modelling with Houdini as I've never got my head around it, and it's sort of frying my brain. I keep looking at objects and trying to UV unwrap them in my head.

Cheers.

Jonathan.

Cool, well welcome :). If you have any questions, you're in the right place.

The more, the merrier. :D

edit: BTW, the time offset function thingy is broken in this version. It even gives me that error if I try to change it. This will hopefully be addressed in the much anticipated next version.....

Howdy,

I'm new to the forum. I am working on a personal project in Houdini and will post it when I have something to show,(work has sort of eaten my life lately, so progress has been slow...) I look forward to getting feedback and tips from more experienced Houdini users.

Cheers,

anne.

disclaimer: madness and hypocracy live within, read at your own risk!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

allow me to re-introduce myself

hi, iam plan9, neighbor to plan8 and lover of plan10...

i have been using houdini since 1976, back then it was a super secret software package which designed plus sized womens bras. it has come a long way since then, now we are able to make spheres and boxs with the click of a button. back in 1863 (during the civil war in india) i used vex to create a laser from a dead mans long johns ...the code looked something like this

if

fkfdsks'dfl

then

432=4032404

else

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

end

note: dont even think about stealing this code, its been copywritten and resides with the ash's of einstein next to my urinal.

if any of you have questions about using houdini i will be more than happy to use my cgchannel skills to misguide and every so often complain about how bad the water smells in Timbuktoo. glad to meet you all, and marc, i still need the couch and bed!!! DOH!!!

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

here is a pic of me while at work

post-13-1059458401.jpg

Hey guys - I've actually been lurking off and on for the last year or so, finally actually registered, so I figure I'll say hi.

I'm a moderate newb at houdini - had one class in it, got hooked, and I'm now at digital domain as a VFX intern.

Anyways, I look foward with pestering yall with problems :blink: .

|andrew|