Rumour:Autodesk no longer going to develop 3dsMax for

Netvudu

http://www.reddit.com/r/vfx/comments/z8o09/autodesk_is_no_longer_going_to_develop_3d%20smax_and/

Don´t know how official this is, but it sounds pretty legit to me because of some of the details given.

There must be some pretty annoyed MAX users around, given it´s clearly going the CAD way.

Also the Motion Builder part is pretty damaging to all of us, considering there´s no true alternative to it

Edited by Netvudu

It's posts like these that are actually childish.

Seriously, you didn't find that funny?

You know Autodesk added the big animate button to the 3ds Max interface, because most users couldn't figure out how to set keys. For years it was the single largest button in the user interface.

You guys have no sense of humor.

Guest mantragora

Man I can't believe the difference in the old and new Houdini interface. Anyone knows who designed the new GUI for Houdini? Was it SESI?

They created couple geometry assets, pluged them into copySOP and played with seed till it blended :).

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

They created couple geometry assets, pluged them into copySOP and played with seed till it blended :).

Sounds like a job for the Copy SOP.

I asked because I have seen some GUI makeovers like Max 3 to Max 4 (yes new skinned UI :) ) but nothing this drastic. SESI should get a millennium transformation award :)

what have they done other than sharing houdini with us ?

well looks like some ( those who disagree / misread ) cannot evaluate enough the word 'houdini' alone ( without assigning any attribute in a sentence ) ,

and the way it is constantly ( no time-restriction ) being available to anyone who wants to learn it or is curious at least .

.Cheers