Odd [wiki]

Stremik

Hmm, I wonder..

What browser are you using? od[wiki] uses CSS which is not available on older browsers like Netscape 4.7.  I can see it using Netscape 7.1 and Opera 7.2. Marc uses Mozilla 1.5 and it works too.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yup; same here.

Was working fine with Opera (7.11) until it went official sometime today; then... blank :huh:

It *does* work with my Mozilla (1.0.1) though....

Something related to the skin maybe?

Hi all,

I think I've fixed it temporarily.. something went a little wrong and I'll ask Marc to fix it properly in the morning. My fix is a little patch over that makes the page not-quite-as-pretty-as-it-should-be, but it works...

Feel free to go crazy all over the site still! :)

All is good!

J.

huh? hello? :blink: Did I break something?

edit : oh, I know what it is. The coders of the wiki cleverly hardcoded the stucco background into the script.(..mmm... stucco.). Hence making it obscenely difficult to get out without breaking something. I thought I'd done it, but I guess not.

Well I'll figure it out :).

oh, I'd like to thank everyone who's put so much work into the thing. You guys know who you are... its amazing, really.

Lovely idea guys. It works great with my mozilla browser but I just recently started using Konqueror. With that I can't see any Wiki controls like "edit" or "page history". Is there something I need to enable other than cookies in Konqueror?

On another note, when I was choosing a login name it had to be a Wiki word, right? So I had to use DriesDesmet as my login, Dries alone didn't work. Is there no way to use a single word as a wikilink then?

I'm completely new to wiki but as I understand I can't do much wrong, right? Things do get backed up and I can do a preview before saving. Awesome.

I haven't figured out myself whether its possible to use a single word as a name yet, but I doubt it. I think it encourages people to use their full name and so doing starts off with a sense of honesty. I can imagine some wiki's could get some ass called "l33td00d" who comes in and screws up the place.

B)

MCronin; yep, you can make new pages very easily - any WikiWord you put on an edited page becomes a hanging link with a little questionmark beside the name. Clicking on the questionmark will start a new page of that name.

It's a good idea to mess around in the SandBox area (theres a link at the bottom of the page) and once you've got an idea of how do to it, go and do it in the right place.

@Jason+Marc:

Great idea  :D  :D ; who is responsible for the content ?

You are! ;)

No, really! If you see an area you want to embellish on, correct or initiate, go right ahead.

Marc and I might occaisionally move data about if we think that the pages are getting too disorganised.. but here's hoping we even ever get to that point..

Bunch of Questions

I made a page for myself, but it says my email hasn't been verified. Is that email sent automagically or is it something you guys need to do?

When I hit recent changes I get this error

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: _odwiki_recentchanges_formatter in /mnt/disk7/domain/odforce.net/www/odwiki/lib/plugin/RecentChanges.php on line 712

For the heck of it, I made a page for SPI on the companies page. SonyPicturesImageWorks hasn't turned into a link though. However, if I hit the little box to add a page all the info I entered is still there. Again is this because I'm not verified? Do you guys have to manually approve pages for publication or something?

Enclosing a *word* in asterisks is supposed to make it bold. The problem is when I do it, I end up with a bulleted word with an asterisk after it. If I enclose the _*word*_ in underlines and asterisks I get bold italics like I'm supposed to. How do you properly bold text?

Hey Mike

your Sony page comes up fine for me. Or at least it did.. for some reason I can't connect anymore. hmm...

Let me reiterate that this is all still a work in progress, and we're evaluating the stability of the scripts now. I'm hoping we can have most of the issues sorted out by the end of the week.

Cheers

Marc

Yeah it came up for me too. I guess it just takes some time.

The site went down for a while and when it cam back up it was there.

No worries about it being a work in progress. I think it's really cool. Just want to help you guys make it better.

BTW, the recent changes page seems to work for me now as well.

No worries about it being a work in progress. I think it's really cool. Just want to help you guys make it better.

Yeah I know.. :D. I'm just a little frustrated with it at the moment for some technical reasons.

Lets hope we can iron out the kinks sooner rather than later... its giving me a headache :).

I just recently started using Konqueror. With that I can't see any Wiki controls like "edit" or "page history".

There is a bug if you use KDE 3.1 (should be solved in 3.2) Stylesheet jumps automatically to "printer" change it with View-->Use Stylesheet-->Top-bottom toolbars.

DRie.s