Viewport bounding box

Doum

Switch the viewport shading mode to "Smooth Shaded" (from Smooth Wire Shader") and ensure Draw Hulls is off (right toolbar, looks like a bezier hull icon).

DOPs can also add its own guide geometry, in which case you can toggle it off in the node adding the visualization, or import it into SOPs and do a Delete SOP with primitive = polygons and pattern set to "*".

• Like 1

Hey malexander,

I tried changing the shading mode with draw hull off and it didn't worked. I think it come from DOPs, from my pyro node. I'll check if I can deactivate it there.

The delete sop was deleting the simulation too with this pattern.

Thanks for the help!

Doum

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Under your smoke object/pyro node you have a tab called Guides. Go through the various tabs under there and untick the bound box display.

what you are seeing is most likely your density bounding box, bit you can just untick the multi visualization box.

I am not entirely sure, but I think there is a tickbox under the viewport preferences as well under visualizers. (press D in your viewport to open the preference). Anyhow I usually just tick it off on my pyro node.

multitab.jpg

Edited by Jesper Rahlff

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm still not able to remove the bounding box in 18.5.408.

It goes away in the AutoDopNetwork when I uncheck the bounding box in the smoke object, but as soon as any field gets brought in with a dop i/o the bounding boxes are back. No way to remove them that I can find.