6 members have voted

1. 1. od[forum]+od[force]

• Yep. :D
    • Nope. :angry:
    • Wha... :huh:
    • Tra la la la la la la :rolleyes:

Hi there,

Just a quick post from Seoul en route to Mongolia:

I'm not sure how easy it is to embed the odforce menu into the forum page - but I'm sure that it's not that hard. I, on the other hand, have no idea even how this forum really works.. it's all Marc's domain. I wouldn't mind seeing the menu on the forum page myself, how 'bout you Marc?

Another popular thing is making the new items forum topics like on other sites whose frontend is something like PHPNuke etc. I don't particularly like this because it's a lack of focus, but how do you feel about it?

Cheers,

J

how about an odforce menu on the right hand side at the top:

od[forum]................................................od[force]

logged in as foo......................................menu, menu, menu, menu

the banner is in a table cell of it's own, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to add more to it...

well, might as well respond to this one first :)... (greetings from sunny South Africa, BTW).

Anyhoo, I do agree with you that the forum should be more integrated. For the short term the logo at the top will have the menu on it like the rest of the site. That should solve most of the issues.

However, I'm hoping to get some time to upgrade the database* on the site soonish and the navigation should be refined a little.

Cheers

Marc

*disclaimer : I'm currently using an old 400MHz pentium 2 with a 14" monitor (can you say yuck? yeah, I thought you could)... so I may not get too much done.