Dop Guide Geometry import to sops

LaidlawFX

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone new how to import the dop record of the collision geometry to the sop level? I'm building a tool and want to visualize the collision geometry at the sop level, instead of needing to dive inside the dop network.

Thanks

-Ben

But I've found that we can tetrahedralize each pice in Sop transfer all attribs from original geo on it (name and class) and fetch points from dop with orient quaternion and copy each tetrahedralized piece on point and scale each pice on substact your collision margin (dop parm) from each piece - scale x = 1 - collision margin same for y and z and after it will be the same as collision representation in dop.Or just send you tetrahedralized pieces to sop and simulate them and tun off collision margin in DOP.Hope that hell you.

Edited by Filipp Elizarov

In the smoke solver the collision field is blasted, so I create a new field and take the min of each collision source to build this up for a dop io to bring into sops for visualization. Not sure if rbd is the same as I do everything in bulletSOPs.

Yeah... Thanks Cameron, David, Filipp, and Christian. lol, I pulled every other channel of info looking for that data. Need more documentation on what each channel represents, for sure. 

For the people that don't pull the hip, and reference this in the future...

Using a, Dop Import sop, with Import Style - Fetch Geometry from DOP Network, with Geometry Data Path - Geometry/BulletData or Geometry/Volume.

Pulls the collision guide geometry if displayed of the bullet and volume geometry. I had to do a switch from my otl that when you switch to visualize the geometry it also has to check the Show Collision Guide Geometry.

Thanks all!

Edited by LaidlawFX