How to put real videos into Houdini?

Hi all, first of all, I'd like to say I'm new to this website, and have only been working on Houdini for about four months.

I really like the interface, and I'd say I've made some pretty 'okay' stuff for a beginner. But now, I'd kind of like to take a step up and begin putting my work into real videos. I've looked at the composite view tab, but as far as I can tell, it only handles images. Would I have to export it to an external program and then insert my video? Or is Houdini even capable of this? 

Also, as of right now, my only sources for tutorials are youtube (hardly any) and the Houdini Tutorial Archive over at papicrunch, which is getting more and more limited. I'm not so sure I'm ready to move on to Houdini Papers yet, as I'm mainly a visual/tactile learner, but I did a Voronoi destruction scene based on a paper. I would really enjoy if you could point me towards some more beginner/moderate tutorials that are preferably videos. Thanks!

Edited by SeraphOfEden

Lots of tutorials here: http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=14&Itemid=132

If you look on the right side there you have Getting Started/First Steps/Next Steps which is a great place to start. If you look further down you have Masterclasses which is tons of great info as well on certain topics.

For movie export, render to an image sequence first. Now load it up in mplay and do File > Export. What video formats you have available depends on the platform. For Windows, .mp4 (via QuickTime) or .avi (with whatever encoding codecs that you've got installed). For OSX, .mp4/quicktime. For Linux, you need either ffmpeg or mencoder installed.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini13.0/mplay/mplay_movie_export

Thank you for the quick responses, but I think my question was misuderstood. I know how to render out scenes into movie files, I just don't know how to put that rendered video into another, real video. Like if I created a destruction of a building scene, how could I put that into a real video of a field, or if a make a scene with fire, how can I put the rendered fire into a real video of me holding it? 

Edited by SeraphOfEden