Waasha

Why doesn't "@Cd.x>0.5" work in the blast Group field?

Hey all, just a really quick and simple one.

I want to delete based on Cd parameter, that I created with vopsop (I don't want to add a color SOP to have a local variable CD, because it would be slower and I'm working with lots of particles), and I'm unable to do so, because the expression @Cd.x>0.5 doesn't work in the blast SOP..

Can anyone explain me why?

Thanks!

You can add variables with vex as well. In a VOPSOP the Add Attribute VOP is probably the easiest.

Thank you, Peter, I really thought that since there are ONLY points, houdini will undersand I want to work on points, since it's Guess from group ;)

P.s.: Mario says - Don't look on Houdini forums during your vacantion :)

Thanks Skybar, I know about that option, but I really couldn't understand, why that expression didn't work.. And the problem wasn't in the expression, but - as pezetko correctly sugested - in the Group Type selector of the blast node..

On 9/19/2014 at 5:32 AM, pezetko said:

Set Group Type to Points explicitly on that Blast SOP.

Old question, but do you mind me asking why one must explicitly set it to Points?

On 9/19/2014 at 2:51 PM, Waasha said:

Hey all, just a really quick and simple one.

I want to delete based on Cd parameter, that I created with vopsop (I don't want to add a color SOP to have a local variable CD, because it would be slower and I'm working with lots of particles), and I'm unable to do so, because the expression @Cd.x>0.5 doesn't work in the blast SOP..

Can anyone explain me why?

Thanks!

I've uploaded a file regarding this. Blast can delete the Primitive Attributes and the groups but not Point Attributes. Even if you promote it to Point it does'nt. Even Detail Attributes can be removed.

When I say can be removed I mean based of these categories and conditions.

Hope this explains...

blast_node.hip