Uploading HTML files to the WIKI

Guest xionmark

Guest xionmark

Hi,

Is there a way to "upload" a bunch of HTML docs into the WIKI without having to cut and paste the HTML or edit manually?

Let me explain. I have some ~3,200 individual HTML pages I'd like to put on the WIKI (HDK documentation for a single version of the HDK; I need to upload 3 versions) but I only know how to edit the WIKI by hand ...

Any ideas?

--Mark

Hey Mark,

As far as I know, the wiki does not understand full HTML (just a handful of tags), so copying doxygen-ated pages is probably not going to work at all :(

Maybe post directions on how to generate one's own pages instead?

Cheers!

13679[/snapback]

We've considered trying to upgrade to something more full-featured like tikiwiki but the last version we tried couldn't import the phpwiki pages properly. I'll try again when I get a moment.

TikiWiki allows HTML in the docs. Currently it might just have to be uploaded and linked off the Wiki. I wouldn't think it'd be a great idea to try to cram 300mb of pages into the SQL database anyway.

Guest xionmark
Maybe post directions on how to generate one's own pages instead?

Hi Mario,

Ahh gee, that's too easy :-) ... but then it'd be nice to have them already online and ready to view.

Here's a small shell script to extract the files. Once extracted, fire up Doxy and let it have all these files to ingest ... yummy!

--Mark

#!/bin/csh

# first, create a list of files to extract from the HDK dbase
hviewfile -l > file_list.txt

# create a list of directories to create
cat file_list.txt | cut -f 1 -d '/' | uniq | sort > dir_list.txt

# If on a Windoze machine, remove the \r character
dos2unix dir_list.txt

foreach dir (`cat dir_list.txt`)
	if(-d $dir) then 
  echo directory $dir exists
	else 
  mkdir $dir
	endif
end

# Now extract the header files from the HDK dbase
foreach f (`cat file_list.txt`)
	hviewfile $f > $f
end

exit 0

Guest xionmark
As soon as I'm done with this job <_<, I'll start playing with the HDK....

...what I meant was to post something like that on the wiki ;)

13683[/snapback]

Ooops ... missed that one ...

I think I'm WIKI challeged ... too simple I guess .. :blink:

OK, I'll put it up there.

It'll be so COOL to have you working on the HDK!!!!! B)

--Mark

Hey Mark and Jason,

I just tested the link to the 7.0 doxygen pages in the wiki, and they pretty much killed (froze) all browsers I tested them on (Konqueror, Mozilla, Firefox). The reason is that the pages were generated with the "TreeView" feature on. For docs of this size, it will take forever for the browser to run the Java script that generates it, so it will freeze for several minutes (I killed it before it finished so I don't know exactly how long a time... but *long*).

I would suggest re-generating them (if possible) with the option GENERATE_TREEVIEW set to NO.

The tree view takes forever to generate even in my local version of the docs, so... just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers!

Guest xionmark
Hey Mark and Jason,

I just tested the link to the 7.0 doxygen pages in the wiki, and they pretty much killed (froze) all browsers I tested them on (Konqueror, Mozilla, Firefox). The reason is that the pages were generated with the "TreeView" feature on. For docs of this size, it will take forever for the browser to run the Java script that generates it, so it will freeze for several minutes (I killed it before it finished so I don't know exactly how long a time... but *long*).

I would suggest re-generating them (if possible) with the option GENERATE_TREEVIEW set to NO.

The tree view takes forever to generate even in my local version of the docs, so... just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers!

13697[/snapback]

My God you're quick!!! :)

Yep, we just discovered the problem and made a note on the page, I'll regen the docs tonight and hopefully have them all up there tomorrow. IE (yuck!) works OK, but I don't have any problems locally once the first pass is done, which only takes about 30 secs. I really like the browser tree though, it makes it much easier to bop around the different pages, but will keep that in the downloadable files ... or maybe I should gen up both versions ..? What do you think? That'll take up more disk space so I don't know if that's such a good idea ... suggestions?

--Mark

I really like the browser tree though, it makes it much easier to bop around the different pages, but will keep that in the downloadable files ... or maybe I should gen up both versions ..?  What do you think?

13698[/snapback]

I agree it's a nice feature... but even 30 seconds is an eternity, man! :D

I usually have a tab showing the alphabetical listing, and open specific things in separate tabs... but that's just me.

I'd say keep the treeview in the downloadable versions, but remove it from the browsable ones -- else people might think the browser just crashed, when it's really just cooking the tree view. Oh; and make a note of it in the wiki (like you just did), so there are no surprises.

Two cents.

Cheers!

Guest xionmark
I agree it's a nice feature... but even 30 seconds is an eternity, man! :D

Woohoo! I tested the pages on a Linux box last night and it only took 5-10 seconds to load (locally) ... the 30 second metric was with me tired ol' SGI beast ... damn, I gotta get rid of that thing!

--Mark

• 2 weeks later...