Learning VEX via Animated Gifs - Bees & Bombs

mestela

Glad people find these interesting. More people should have a go! MORE!

This was less complex than i expected, the circle wave previously gave clues of how to achieve it; Wiggle the circle so its a sine wave bent into a circle, then apply the same in y but with cos, and it pushes it into a circular spiral. Add a ramp to control width and radius, other stuff.

All this will come in useful one day, I'm sure of it... :)

http://beesandbombs.tumblr.com/post/126047111439/two-worms

post-7292-0-06272800-1446551949.gif

two_worms_v01.hipnc

• Like 1

Had to turn away from the tv for a bit tonight.

http://beesandbombs.tumblr.com/post/110755349929/dribbblepopular-dot-inversion-follow-me-on

post-7292-0-09459100-1447505236.gif

dot_inversion_v01.hipnc

First did it as cheaty camera trick, then felt like that defeated the point of this exercise, and did it again in a wrangle. Both versions are in the scene.

• Like 3

Hi guys,

where do you get the knowledge to do these stuff?

I mean, is it sufficient to take a VEX course or other things as well?

I can read VEX because I have some programming skills, but how do I get the ideas on how to move things?

I know is a strange question but this would really help...

Cheers,

Lazza79

That's the point of this thread really. :)

As you say, if you know any C-ish languages vex isn't hard to read or write, but I had to see a few examples in context to get a feel for it. Was lucky enough to get acccess to interesting production shots at work, but obviously they couldn't be shared. When I saw the tumblr blog that started this thread, and found they were all done in code via processing, seemed a good base to make small examples that'd hone my skillz, and be a good visual library for others.

If you find a gif that you find interesting, post it here, I (or others) will have a go. The blog tends to post lots of variations on a theme, maybe try taking one of the existing examples and modifying it into something else. Best way to learn is by doing!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...