[SOLVED]Particles Release Glue Bonds?

Atom

Hi All,

I have a cylinder that I have pre-fractured. I have glued it back together and set the @strength to -1. I have an emitter that is shooting particles at the cylinder. I am trying to detect the contact with an attribute transfer of color. Then in the Sop Solver, near the Glue constraint, I am evaluating the color to set the @strength value to zero on detection of RED.

I think the setup is close but it just does not work. The entire system collapses instead of a few chunks falling off when a particle strikes an area.

Does anyone have time to take a look or perhaps point out how to get this kind of set up working?

Thanks

ap_tube_particle_fracture_1i.hipnc

Edited by Atom

Thank you again for fixing my file. What you posted was my intention.

I went ahead and mixed in your technique for a 2-pass fracture system and adapted it to particles instead of rigid bodies.

In this scene the particle impacts are recorded and used as the points for the initial fracture before glue. These points replace the role typically handled by a Scatter node in a fracture setup. This allows particle count to control how quickly the fracture occurs offering more art direction control. Increase the Impulse Count to really blast it away quickly or trickle in particles to slightly damage buildings/objects.

ap_two_pass_particle_fracture_1b.hipnc

Edited by Atom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hi @Atom thx for sharing and thx also for tutorial online on vimeo it's very helpful me.

I  have a question on impacts data... can I use it from a rbd simulation and use the same way of particles for add a secondary fracturing?

(now I test)

Thx

Mat

OK, I follow other discussion you link also in this discussion and maybe I find some solution. I have also more question but before I try to looking in google or in Help documentation of Hoduini.

Thx again for share your tips/tutorial

Matteo