meshing fractals

schwungsau

11 hours ago, ciliath said:

Sweeeeeeeet!!! Really beautiful.

Could you give some hindsight of how you produce these fractals?

some much so explain. fractals --> you start with simpler GEO like curve or cube, copy and translate it randomly a little and repeat this setup over and over again. After you messaure length of splines, calculate density with point clouds and mix together with to ramp colours for multiply it with extrude Parameters etc...
this is a good Talk, how basic fractals works :

Edited by schwungsau
  • Like 3

Awesome stuff Heribert! It's really motivating to see your work! I started watching the video you posted, it's great to learn how to do fractals. Here is my first attempt, doing the koch snowflake. I'm leaving the hip file in case anyone is interested(Also feedback on my system and how to improve it is very welcome!) :)

koch_curve.hipnc

On 5/23/2016 at 6:04 PM, Jero3d said:

Awesome stuff Heribert! It's really motivating to see your work! I started watching the video you posted, it's great to learn how to do fractals. Here is my first attempt, doing the koch snowflake. I'm leaving the hip file in case anyone is interested(Also feedback on my system and how to improve it is very welcome!) :)

koch_curve.hipnc

nice, never trired the snowflakes in houdini
anyway.... this video explains the impact of mandelbrot on cgi