Annoying Got It Button?

Why does the annoying Got It button keep appearing after I have clicked it on several different computers? I mean it is not even a choice like you get with other websites.

A button with one choice that you have to click?

What is the point?

Is there some setting in my Profile where I can always accept the Got It button?

I've only had to click it once. Are you deleting cookies or whatnot that would prompt it to come up again? Literally every modern website today has one of those buttons, you're not experiencing that anywhere else?

But if there is no choice why present it?

Are we pretending we have an option here?

If I go to Blendswap they have a similar mechanism. You can click yes or no. Meaning you don't want them to store cookies. I choose No and I never see the option again. My guess is Blendswap stores your decision with the user name, not to some local cookie. that way the website remembers your option even if you access the site from another bowser or operating system.

This is a new deployment of a website, I am just offering feedback to a bad experience I am having with it.

Edited by Atom

3 hours ago, Atom said:

If I go to Blendswap they have a similar mechanism. You can click yes or no. Meaning you don't want them to store cookies. I choose No and I never see the option again. My guess is Blendswap stores your decision with the user name, not to some local cookie. that way the website remembers your option even if you access the site from another bowser or operating system.

I just tried Blendswap and until you agree to cookies the pop-up appears every time you access the site.

Additionally if you click 'no' on blendswap a popup window shows up telling you that if you don't want them to store cookies you should browse away from their site. Which is essentially what you should do, but I had to deal with a popup too. So yeah there is an option for most sites, but it's pretty binary: If you use the site, you consent to cookies. If you don't then you shouldn't use the site.

To be honest I don't want an alert I just want to fill your caches with lots of delicious cookies :), but tell that to the EU. It would also be great if we could link the acceptance of it to your username, but the plugin doesn't support that and unfortunately I don't have time to code it myself. 

So for now, this will have to do. I'm sorry that you have to click on it a lot, but in theory you'll only have to do it once per browser. 

M

Such panels can be manually removed by most of ad blockers, usually from RMB menu. The good ones allow to select not only elements under the mouse cursor, but their parents in the tree structure of the page. That way you could collapse the whole panels, not only their contents. My personal config is Firefox and uBlock Origin.