Hi :)

Hi,  I'm a new member to this forum.  I didn't know where to begin so I'm going to introduce myself.  I'm a young student who is really interested in visual effects.  I'm just wondering at different websites and youtube mostly to try and improve me.  I hope this forum is a great place for inspired people like me to be a part of.  I'm from the city of Vancouver and I would just like to say hi and hope I can reach out to more VFX artists!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sebkaine said:

Hello Johnny Welcome on OdForce ! Best place ever to learn Houdini.

I have heard about the software Houdini but I never got a chance to get close to it yet.  I am for sure that if I have questions about it, I can definitely ask you.

• 4 weeks later...

So after 12 months of studying at VFS in Vancouver for visual art and design, I've finally constructed my demo reel.  As happy as I can get,  I'm still not satisfied with the extensive amount of work that I have put into it.  I'm a type of person who always wants to learn more and more.  Would you guys want to check out my amateur demo reel.  I don't know the rules of this forum so I am not sure if I am allowed to posted it.  In addition, my demo reel is based on some compositing, rotosocoping and a little bit of visual effects.

Edited by laysbbqchips
adding info

On 6/19/2016 at 9:03 AM, laysbbqchips said:

feedback is greatly appreciated 

Had a look and you could definitely start adding 3d work, remove the non vfx shots, and tell us what you did in subtitles under the shot. So far the work looks like compositing more than 3d.

HAHA thanks for viewing guys!  Yes it more towards a compositing and rotoscoping side.  I still have a lot more to learn!  Its not the best but thats not a bad idea for my next final project marty!  I really want to learn more about visual effects and Im about to begin my 3D animation program this week and im super excited!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just began my course for 3D animation.  Throughout the days it has been very intensive and lots of learning!  I'm very excited in every subject and it's really inspirational as I proceed on a day to day basis.  I'm starting to take a interest in other subjects and It's good. But I think I should really stick to what I know and expand my knowledge and get better at it if I want a job in this industry.  I'm learning nuke and it's I'm not putting much effort in getting to understand it better because I'm putting most of my effort out to maya and animation learning techniques that I never coped with.  Invested financially and emotionally. I really want to learn more about nuke and I am reaching out to you guys today and to see if there are any resource out on the internet that can possible teach me more about foundry of nuke software.