how to render multiple mantra nodes?

Hi,

I have multiple mantra rendering node: one previz that contains all objects in the scene, then multiple high quality mantra rendering nodes (each one contains a specific part of the shot, e.g. backgrounds, main actors, etc...). What is the best way to render them in sequence? meaning, I go now and click each rendering node and click on "render", I think I should write a python script to do that, but I am not sure if this is the right way, or maybe it comes out of the box in Houdini?

Thanks

Drop down a Merge node in the OUT network and connect the Mantra nodes in the order you want them to render in. Then click the Render flag on the Merge node to issue the batch render.

Edited by Atom
  • Like 5

also, you can select all mantra nodes one by one, then click render, that way it will render from the last selected trough first selected. if you connect mantra nodes one after another, selecting the last one and click render, will render all mantra nodes one frame at a time.

• Like 6

• 4 months later...

The merge node does work with Redshift but I believe you have to turn off Non-Blocking Current Frame Rendering on the Redshift ROP. There is a thread about this on the Redshift forum as well.

• Like 3

You don't have to limit yourself to just image render dependencies in your ROP networks either! You can lay down say, a Geometry ROP, which could be caching out a sim, and then a mantra rop to kick off a low res render of the sim as soon as it's finished, then maybe a high res render if you think the first two steps might be done before you get back. Just be sure to tell it whether you want it to go 'Node by node' or 'Frame by frame', and also if you don't need the frame range of the upper most ROP, set the frame range drop down to 'Strict', so you can do single frames or smaller frame ranges for certain things. 

• Like 2