Caching Substeps

Juzwa

Hi, 

So Im having problems caching substeps of my animation. I have substeps on File Cache node set to 16, and the path is "$HIP/../cache/$OS/$OS.$F4.bgeo". Maybe the $F4 is the issue? Maybe I should change this to be able to save not only the frames but the substeps as well? 

Oh ya, forgot to mention. You can't read the cache back in as sub steps. There has been discussions about it. None worked for me.

What i usually do is Cache out using sop output with increment 0.1 and $N. That way sub steps are saved as integer frame numbers; then i read it back in and play it with 0.1 step in the viewport.

• Like 1

Hm... I cant get it to work your way. Especially that $N does not work well with strings. Eg "../$OS/$OS.$N.bgeo" evaluates to "../Cache/Cache..bgeo". So a single frame is beeing overwritten

But that really suchs you cannnot load on substeps. Thats just silly that you have the option to save with substeps, but you cannot load it?

EDIT. Ok got it. So I just use "../$OS/$N.bgeo" on rop output. And indeed when I change the increment to sth different than 10 is overwrites just single frame. But workes with 10. Weird workoround but looks like it does its job

Edited by Juzwa