Batman Begins

Marc

definitely.. saw it this weekend and thought it was great.. my only complaint were the villians.. i just wanted scared or intimidated by any of them. dr crane was kinda freaky and all, but still just a weak little dork that was overcome in a second. and then Ducard just wasn't intimidating at all imho. (i'm not a big batman/comic book follower so this may be do to that ignorance..)

but besides the villans not really doing it for me, i thought the movie was excellent.. a great introduction to the character and just well done overall.

<edit> for some reason when i thought out loud 'i just wasn't scared or intimi..." i seem to have typed "i just wanted scared or..".. so yea, wanted=wasn't it my odd world.. :blink:

I kinda liked how all the villains looked like they were new at this too. :). The scarecrow came across as a moderately deranged shrink who liked to torment his patients, and just happened to be involved with the real villains. Perhaps he'll come back in the next movie with a bit more experience.

Anyhow, I don't think he was ever that much of a threat in the comics either.

M

-=There are no spoilers in this text=-

Yeah, very nice movie - although the Ninja theme is a little tired and Katie Holmes looks like a little girl, not much like a sexy powerful assisant DA of Gotham.

Also, I have no idea why the people in The Narrows decided to dry their clothes in the rain, but I assume the director only had ONE chance to establish The Narrows in a grand shot and he must have wanted both visual elements of the rain and clothes on electrical lines.

Probably the best superhero movie, I agree.

I'd say as good as Spidey. I can definitely see how the Spiderman films influenced the directing of this one.

18963[/snapback]

As in the "Don't do it like this!" type of influence? ;)

Spidey is good but more light-hearted - dare I say "silly"? Batman Begins sets a pretty serious tone compared, IMHO. Movies for different moods.

Still, Flash Gordon is the best ever ;)

As in more of the focus on the actual character of the superhero. Also the flow of the film felt alot like spidey... maybe that's just me though :).

The tone is completely different, as it should be. Both, however, stuck pretty close to the feeling of the comics, ie. the spiderman comics have always had a focus on Peter Parker's angst and his battle to try and have a normal life as well as the spiderman life, witty comebacks included.

The batman comics tend to stray more towards discovering the motives of why someone would dress up like a bat and fight crime. And do so with such single minded focus that it seems like batman is the real person, and bruce wayne is merely the mask he wears in his off hours.

I'm a big comic geek though, so I'm probably more willing to overlook flaws in these movies than the next guy (or even not see them as flaws in the first place :))

M

P.S. @deecue, I just read a batman comic from the early nineties and they portrayed scarecrow pretty well in the film. He's a looney who keeps trying to poison the water supply or blow things up, but the second he's confronted by batman he craps himself and tries to run away (assuming his fear toxin doesn't work).

P.S. @deecue, I just read a batman comic from the early nineties and they portrayed scarecrow pretty well in the film. He's a looney who keeps trying to poison the water supply or blow things up, but the second he's confronted by batman he craps himself and tries to run away (assuming his fear toxin doesn't work).

cool.. good to know.. any findings on Ducard?