Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thank you. I have done multiple tree building tutorials, and it has made me understand not only Houdini better, but also on how a tree, like a central nervous system, is not a simple item once you look at growth, age, materials etc.

A tool such as yours, is a welcome addition to the powerful things that Houdini does.... depending on the work put in. So I ponied up the full amount $$ even though I am running the NC edition. You deserve it for the work put in.....

Now if only I can find a decent sea shell tutorial, based on the work that Deborah Fowler uses for her students. Again, I dont want to hijack anything, I want to learn how and I think this is a good revenue stream for everyone that is using Gumroad etc. Sorry to ramble. Thanks again for the tool.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

like this?


I tried a few... failed. One switched from vex to nodes in the middle, expecting me to figure that out.
I'm like... can't I just buy the tool!?
So.. Aragatory?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, that was what I had seen on vimeo in a few places. All of them were part of a visual effects coursework. So many people have been given the same task for more than a few years. While I have been able to get the basic form of the shell from the formulas that are available online, the finer detail of building a tool would be a good tutorial on selecting parts of the shell with specific adjustments. Anyhoo. TIA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you are liking the tool and I appreciate the purchase. The shell is an interesting idea, I’ll add it too my list. I’m thinking I’ll start doing tutorials for how I actually make tools, the not super complex ones anyway. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you do a seashell tutorial, would you do one on the basic clam shell ? I have a project I'd like to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bobc4d said:

if you do a seashell tutorial, would you do one on the basic clam shell ? I have a project I'd like to do with it.

Hopefully it will work for a number of different shell types.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Aragatory, are you still planning on updating your Tree Asset? Seems cool enough. I have bought TheGrove3D, because I dig the 'let the tree grow' thing, but yours seem like a nice tool, too.

Still would be nice if you have any plans as you mentioned before with adapting more to the new new 16.5 features and so on...

 

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/04/2018 at 10:37 PM, Palipala said:

Hi Aragatory, are you still planning on updating your Tree Asset? Seems cool enough. I have bought TheGrove3D, because I dig the 'let the tree grow' thing, but yours seem like a nice tool, too.

Still would be nice if you have any plans as you mentioned before with adapting more to the new new 16.5 features and so on...

 

Cheers

 

Don't have any plans to add to this at this point in time, there are already quite a lot of really nice tree growing/making systems around.  I do have plans for some other things though, that aren't already done so well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too sad. :( 

Oh well, I have already bought your asset and I like it pretty much. I see a lot of potential in it. And I think that there aren't as much good Tree generators as you presume. Speedtree has a crazy price point, Onyx and XFrog haven't been updated for a long time now, and The Grove 3D (which is really nice) but doesn't have the flexibility Houdini provides. So quite some potential :)

I hope that you won't totally abandon your Tree asset (or you should maybe state it as abandonware on Gumroad, so potential buyers know what to (not) expect in the future).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Palipala said:

Too sad. :( 

Oh well, I have already bought your asset and I like it pretty much. I see a lot of potential in it. And I think that there aren't as much good Tree generators as you presume. Speedtree has a crazy price point, Onyx and XFrog haven't been updated for a long time now, and The Grove 3D (which is really nice) but doesn't have the flexibility Houdini provides. So quite some potential :)

I hope that you won't totally abandon your Tree asset (or you should maybe state it as abandonware on Gumroad, so potential buyers know what to (not) expect in the future).

 

Ultimately I would like to update it to use a system like this https://vimeo.com/229252148 .

It's finding the time to work on it, though since people still seem to be enjoying it and using it maybe I'll be more inspired to find the time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, the Anastasia Video, lovely, so inspirational and demotivational at the same time :)

I know about your little spare time, you wrote about it, but I still bought your tool, because it has so much potential and is fun to use, too. So no regrets.

I would really be totally happy, if you could find some time to bring your tool to a new level, something like Anastasia? nahh don't want to think about this, would cost me my sleep :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, efxlab said:

is the product is working with Houdini 17 ?

Haven't tested it but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×