Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Fontenelle89 said:

How destructive the modelling operations are? As in, will I still be able to add say a extrude, and after a couple operations change my mind and alter the value or it immediately gets baked to a Geo Stash?

DM 2.0 has:

1. 'Edit Mesh' menu which is not destructive and you can change values later

2. Modeler tool is fully Stash SOP based. Your geo container will die when you run Modeler tool

 

DM 1.0 has only menu based non destructive modeling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you trying to emulate maya's hotbox ,will we be able to change hotkeys so we can emulate mayas hotbox even more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.01.2019 at 4:27 AM, hallogero@gmail.com said:

Hi, do you have an ETA for DM 2.0?

 

Hi. It's almost done. But some ideas are changing, and now I can’t say anything concrete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.01.2019 at 11:35 AM, Morphtek said:

will we be able to change hotkeys so we can emulate mayas hotbox even more

Can you explain in detail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alexey Vanzhula said:

Hi. It's almost done. But some ideas are changing, and now I can’t say anything concrete.

Cool, I’m looking forward to the release! Good Luck!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Alexey,

will the price ($100) stay the same once DM 2.0 is out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DominikL said:

Hello Alexey,

will the price ($100) stay the same once DM 2.0 is out?

Most likely the price will be higher

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, can't wait.  Are the viewport enhancements still in the DM future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, eyeclick said:

Cool, can't wait.  Are the viewport enhancements still in the DM future?

In upcoming v1.5.

 

Edited by Alexey Vanzhula

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alexey Vanzhula said:

 

nice, thanks for adding the size setups, it was very small on a 4k monitor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, zarralax said:

nice, thanks for adding the size setups, it was very small on a 4k monitor.

even without tweaking the settings, the menu now use the global UI size

Edited by Alexey Vanzhula

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Does DM with H17 patch not work in H17.5? I finally was able to update to H17.5 and tried a simple soft boolean test and I get an error in the soft boolean node (only simple mode works). I can't look at the error "Permission Denied". I have the DM 1.0 (with possibility with updating) version. Thanks.

Screenshot-1.jpgclosest chevron to me

Edited by zarralax
added image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, zarralax said:

Does DM with H17 patch not work in H17.5? I finally was able to update to H17.5 and tried a simple soft boolean test and I get an error in the soft boolean node (only simple mode works). I can't look at the error "Permission Denied". I have the DM 1.0 (with possibility with updating) version. Thanks.

Screenshot-1.jpgclosest chevron to me

I can conform that DM 1.0 gives me an error in Houdini 17.5. I have installed the patch for 17.0.

Capture.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys. Sorry for late answer. It's known issue with H17.5. DM 1.5, which works only with H17.5, is in last beta stage. Please wait a bit.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×