Alexey Vanzhula

*** SOLVED ***
how do I install it?  I found a video for H16. followed it but when I click " + ", then shelves I do not see DM as an option. I copied "TOOLBAR, OTIS, DM, desktop: to H17 root directory.  

Edited by bobc4d

• 2 weeks later...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ue-Ys7YxcOh5If0l975MmZRcP8Vv9bXL

In H17 we will have more modeling features, better precision modeling and more intuitive UI.

Some of new features:
1. Change global position and size of the geometry
2. Set relative and vector distance between components
3. Rotate the geometry by setting angle in degrees using vectors

4. Volatile moving. No needs for separate tool if you want to move selected points

EDIT

Edited by Alexey Vanzhula

• 3 weeks later...
Flux 1.0 (Soft Boolean parent) is now free. Works only with Houdini 16 and 16.5
You can download it to get basic understanding on how modern SB works. Flux has a little worse topology in comparison with the modern SB and has another options, but it works and it's free. Also Flux has a retopology toolset which can help you a bit.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Alexey Vanzhula Hello, I recently bought DM a few days ago. And I have a few questions:

1. My DM menu is very small (I work on a 4k monitor) is there a way to make it bigger?
  2. Any ETA on DM 2.0? or giving owners of DM 1.0 early access?
  3. 11 Months ago you posted this video that shows DM 1.0.1, but I cannot find the "Flow Loop" command in the DM menu nor the DM shelf, is DM 1.0.1 not the release you get from your Gumroad?
  4. I seem to be missing some commands in my DM Menu seen here: https://postimg.cc/mz5QtMmR, I see the commands in the DM shelf but how do I get them into the menu? This happens in H16.5 and H17 (Win10)

Missing the following:

• Delete Nodes
  • Clean History
  • Bake History
  • Flatten H
  • Flatten V
  • Bridge Std

thanks,

z

18 hours ago, zarralax said:

@Alexey Vanzhula Hello, I recently bought DM a few days ago. And I have a few questions:

1. My DM menu is very small (I work on a 4k monitor) is there a way to make it bigger?
  2. Any ETA on DM 2.0? or giving owners of DM 1.0 early access?
  3. 11 Months ago you posted this video that shows DM 1.0.1, but I cannot find the "Flow Loop" command in the DM menu nor the DM shelf, is DM 1.0.1 not the release you get from your Gumroad?
  4. I seem to be missing some commands in my DM Menu seen here: https://postimg.cc/mz5QtMmR, I see the commands in the DM shelf but how do I get them into the menu? This happens in H16.5 and H17 (Win10)

Missing the following:

• Delete Nodes
  • Clean History
  • Bake History
  • Flatten H
  • Flatten V
  • Bridge Std

thanks,

z

Sorry for the late answer.

1. Menu items have been removed for future tools
2. The size of the menu can not be changed
3. I would fix it all, but unfortunately the DM 1.0 functionality is frozen, since I focused on the second version
4. DM 2.0 does not have this menu at all. It has a completely revamped destructive modeling techniques.

7 hours ago, Alexey Vanzhula said:

Sorry for the late answer.

1. Menu items have been removed for future tools
2. The size of the menu can not be changed
3. I would fix it all, but unfortunately the DM 1.0 functionality is frozen, since I focused on the second version
4. DM 2.0 does not have this menu at all. It has a completely revamped destructive modeling techniques.

DM 2.0 destructive tool Modeler is hotkey based

2018-12-17-181957_1920x1080_scrot.png

Untitled.png

36 minutes ago, zarralax said:

@Alexey Vanzhula that's a shame that you got rid of the menu, I liked it and was getting used to it. Any idea when DM 2.0 is going to be released

thanks,

z

it is progress, not shame. The menu slows down the modeling, if you really want to model fast

9 hours ago, Alexey Vanzhula said:

Maybe after the release of DM 2.0, I'll extract the menu to a separate HDA :)

That would work, and if i could customize it that would be awesome! In Maya, I use a mix of hotkeys, right-click marking menus, and shelf buttons.

Hello Alexey,

Is there any documentation for your tools? I am new to Houdini and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about Re-topology.

I have been doing a (Houdini Modeling) tutorial course and have learned a lot but, I find Re-topology very difficult.

This struggle led me to search for more information and led me to your tools. I downloaded FLUX but, I can't quite get the hang of it.

Do you have any advice or links to more documentation?

Cheers - Fred

• 3 weeks later...